The Discovery 8x Gen 2+ HD Night Vision Bi-Ocular from Armasight is a generation 2+ NVD capable of up to 72 lp/mm resolution. The Armasight Gen 2+ HD multi-alkali photocathode's performance approximates a 3rd generation image intensifier tube; it also features Automatic Brightness Control, which continuously adjusts image brightness to optimize the displayed image quality. This night vision device comes with a hand strap, neck strap, and features a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount.
A 160mm f/1.2 lens system displays a 6.5° field of view and can be focused as close as 15', making the Discovery Gen 2+ HD bi-ocular ideal for close-range and other viewing tasks. The bi-ocular configuration is designed to allow the user to keep both eyes open for more comfortable long-duration viewing. Combined with a removable IR illuminator and weather-resistant housing, this bi-ocular is well-equipped for observations—low light or no light, indoor or outdoor.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 8x
- Lens system: 160mm f/1.2; multi-coated, all-glass optics
- Field of view: 6.5°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 14 mm
- Eye Relief: 17 mm
- Focus range: 15' to infinity
- Image Intensifier
- Gen 2+ HD intesifier tube
- 55-72 lp/mm resolution
- Multi-alkali tube displays standard green NV image
- Automatic Brightness Control dynamically optimizes image brightness
- Bright Light Cut-Off protects tube and viewer's eyes from excessive light levels
- Use and Handling
- In-view low-battery indicators
- Detachable IR illuminator with flood lens
- Tripod mountable (1/4"-20 socket)
- Hand and neck straps
- Operating temperature: -60 to 120°F
||Gen 2+ HD Multi-Alkali
|Field of View
||15' / 4.6 m to infinity
||Single CR123 lithium 3 V
||Up to 50 hours
||-60 to 120°F / -51 to 49°C
||-58 to 140°F / -50 to 60°C
||13.7 x 5.5 x 3.9" / 350 x 140 x 100 mm
||3.3 lbs / 1.5 kg
- Delivery time depends on stock availability with armasights holdings.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 11 July, 2017.