The Discovery 8x-SD Gen2+ NV Bi-Ocular from Armasight is a rugged lightweight night vision biocular useful for long-range surveillance and tactical applications. This weather-sealed image intensification device is engineered to perform in a range of environments from campground to battleground. The Gen 2+ Standard Definition image intensifier features 45-51 lp/mm resolution, and automatic highlight cut-off circuitry that protects the tube and operator's eyes from damage.
A detachable long-range IR illuminator maximizes the capability of the Discovery 8x by allowing the operator to paint their field of view with infrared light to enhance situational awareness. The user-friendly design features adjustable diopters, low battery indicator in the field of view, and a tripod mount for comfort during extended-duration observation and missions.
- Intensifier Tube
- Gen 2+ Standard Definition intensifier tube boasts 45-51 lp/mm resolution and Mil-St 810 environmental compliance, making this biocular system ready for years of high performance in a wide range of conditions.
- Lens System
- Fully multi-coated all glass optics transmit clear and bright images through the 160mm f/1.2 objective. The 8.0x magnification lens delivers a 6 degree field of view long-range focal length that still allows the operator to maintain a level of situational awareness in the field.
- Detachable IR Illuminator
- Use the included infrared illumination device as an efficient tool for extending the visible range of this night vision biocular system.
- Mil-Std 810 Compliant
- Use this rugged NV device in a wide range of conditions, from the rainforest to the desert.
||45 - 51 lp/mm
|Angle/Field of View
||160 mm f/1.2
|Minimum Focus Distance
||49 ft (15 m)
||Detachable long-range illuminator
||(1) CR123 or (1) AA with integrated adapter
||50 hours (CR123) or 25 hours (AA) of continuous operation at room temperature
||Mil-Std 810F water/fog compliant
||-60 to 120°F (-51 to 49°C)
||11 x 6 x 3" (28 x 15.2 x 7.5 cm)
||2.6 lb (1.2 kg)
- Delivery time depends on stock availability with armasights holdings.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 11 July, 2017.