The Pentax smc P-DA Fish-Eye 10-17mm ED (IF) lens was designed exclusively for use with digital SLRs, and combines full-frame fisheye (180° diagonal angle of view at a focal length of 10mm) to super wide-angle performance in a single unit.
This lens makes it possible to capture images with an expanded perspective including creative deformation of subjects and sharp pan focus that extends throughout the entire frame.
Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras.
- Ultra Wide Angle
- This lens enables the shooting of fisheye images with a 180-degree angle of view and a focal length of 10mm. Furthermore, the lens offers super wide-angle performance that allows photographer to make use of dramatic changes in angle of view resulting from slight changes in focal length.
- Equivalent focal length to 15mm-26mm in the 35mm format with *ist DSLRs.
- High Optical Performance
- Employing ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, this lens effectively compensates to overcome chromatic aberration throughout the image. And with improved optical architecture and a ghost-free lens coating, ghosting and flare are suppressed to produce clear, high-quality images more of the time.
- Exclusive Digital Design
- The image circle of the lens has been created to match the smaller image recording area of the *istD-series. This ensures precise optical performance ideally suited to the camera's digital imaging characteristics.
- SP Coating
- SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the new lens through the use of a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water- and oil-repellant performance and makes for easier cleaning should the lens be accidentally smeared with fingerprints or cosmetics.
- Super Macro
- An ingenious internal focus system allows photographers to focus from as close as approx. 1" (approx. 2.5 cm), giving them the power to fill the whole frame with surprisingly small subjects.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- The Quick-Shift Focus System allows to instantly shift to manual focus once the subject is captured by AF.
- Durable metallic lens mount.
- Exclusive lens cap constructed from high-quality aluminum.
||10 - 17mm
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 15 - 25.5 mm
||Maximum: f/3.5 - 4.5
Minimum: f/22 - 32
|Camera Mount Type
||Pentax Digital (APS-C)
|Angle of View
||180° - 100°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||5.52" (14 cm)
||0.23 - 0.39x
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio
||10 / 8
||Approx. 2.7 x 2.8" (6.86 x 7.11 cm)
||11.3 oz (320 g)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||6.0 x 4.0 x 4.0"