The HD Pentax DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited Lens from Pentax is a compact pancake-style prime wide-angle lens providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 31.5mm. The broad 68° angle of view is well-suited to all-around shooting for both interior and exterior locations. A high-grade multi-layer HD coating has been applied to lens elements to help minimize flare and ghosting for enhanced contrast, clarity, and color fidelity and a seven-blade diaphragm contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit shallow depth of field imagery. Additionally, an SP Protect coating has also been applied to the front lens element to effectively protect it from dirt, oil, and finger prints.
The compact form-factor of this lens integrates Pentax's Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows manual focus control over the lens at any time, even in AF mode, for precise handling over the focal plane.
- Prime wide-angle lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 31.5mm, covering a broad angle of view of 68°.
- Compact, thin pancake lens design measures just 1"-thick.
- High-grade multi-layer HD coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting to enhance contrast and color neutrality.
- Quick-Shift Focus System enables manual focus control at all times for precise handling that is well-suited to selective focus imagery.
- Super Protect coating helps to protect the front lens element from dirt and finger marks.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 31.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type
||Pentax Digital (APS-C)
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
||7.9" (20.07 cm)
||8 / 5
||Approx. 2.5 x 1" (63.50 x 25.40 mm)
||4.2 oz (119 g)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||3.9 x 3.4 x 2.5"